Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Quesada Mexican Grill


Tonight's spot on Greg (GRGILL), Rob (Bobby B) (note: once I have a nickname for you I'll only ever call you that for the rest of your life) and mine culinary adventures is Quesada Mexican Grill located at Wellington and Commissioners. This is the 6th spot we've been to, and like the others that preceded, it was very good. Working in retail, our days off are all over the place and they haven't lined up recently, so tonight it was a spur of the moment decision to go after work, and I'm glad we did. GRGILL was kind enough to wait around an hour for me to finish after his own shift!


This brick is my Big Ass Burrito. In the background was my Jarrito's Mexican Soda, Pineapple flavour...that alone was worth the price of admission. The way it works is you line up, pick either taco, burrito or quesadilla (Napoleon! Make yerself a dang kess-a-dilla). Then you pick your meat, I was flip flopping between Spicy Chipotle Chicken and Ancho Seasoned Pork, I decided to go for the pork. You move down stations where they load it with toppings, mine had Rice and Beans, Salsa Verde, Jalapenos, Corn, Onion, Guacamole, Cheese, Lettuce, Sour Cream and this Chiptole Sauce. I didn't put any cilantro on it, I'm still not sure about cilantro, sometimes I like it sometimes I hate it, I really didn't want to risk it.


Here's a lovely shot of me taken by my pal GRGILL enjoying my Big Ass Burrito. (aside: Holy shit I'm bald, I mean I know I'm bald but I never fully notice until I see a picture of myself) The burrito and my fancy Mexican pop set me back $15. A little steep, but it was a ton of food, I finished it, but was bursting at the seems when it was all done...that Big Ass Burrito will make for a Big Ass Dump later tonight. Next time I go I am going to go with 3 or 4 small tacos with different flavours (GRGILLS fish taco looked amazing) as opposed to 1 Big Ass Burrito.


One last shot, apparently this place is a chain, so check it out if there is one in your neck of the woods. It looks like the next place we're going to is an all you can eat sushi place called 168 Sushi...see I'm classy I can eat Sushi, I'm not all fast food and poop jokes.

That's all for me tonight, two posts in two days! You guys are lucky! In the mean time give me a follow on twitter @didhenley I've got a few loyal followers but I feel most of my measly 118 followers are ad-bots.

No comments: